Monday, October 17, 2011

Tabs in Word, the last conformist

Everything on your computer today has tabs, except for one: Microsoft Word! Why? I dunno, but I’m used to having tabs in all of my web browsers, windows, excel, photoshop etc. I didn’t even realize I was missing out on this feature until I stumbled across a webpage for a Tabs add-on in Word… and its awesome. Now it is so much easier to transfer info between my documents. And, yes, I used tabs to create this post as well! Sure, you could bring your cursor down to your overcrowded task bar every time you want to do that, but it starts looking pretty messy and often you will have so many windows open that you can barely read the name if each tab. This is what your current layout may look like:



Why fill up your windows task bar when you can just fill up the Word tab bar and leave the rest of your task bar open for other windows? This add-on is super simple and really small. Here are the stats on the add-on:
FileSize:
496KB
System:
Windows7 / Windows Vista
Host application:
Microsoft Word 2007, Microsoft Word 2010
REALLY small! So get it right here: Word Addin Tabs Download

Now you can have tons of word documents open – which is really nice for research- and your set up will look something more like this:




It is so much cleaner and easier to use. I wish I would have had tabs when I was in college because this would have made organization much easier. Oh, well, I’m just glad I found it now. I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment