Monday, November 21, 2011

Have your computer increase available physical memory automatically with Cleanmem

It may seem kind of counter intuitive to install another program to reduce your memory used, but Cleanmem is only 2,064k or 2 MB ram, which is basically nothing. When I use it my used physical memory typically drops 30% or more immediately. Great success! All that extra memory can be put toward helping my computer run more efficiently and not be bogged down by programs that I’m not using right now.

Cleanmem can be set to automatically clear unused memory and cache as often as you would like. I have it set to do so every 5 minutes because I am constantly hopping around different tasks and don’t want to close them out myself in Task Manager all the time. If you do wish to do it manually, the task manager shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc, not Ctrl+Alt+Del like most people assume.
The program can be got HERE and like all the programs I review, it is free!
Here is the User Interface and the options pages available with Cleanmem:




Double click on the Monitor Stats icon at anytime to have Cleanmem do an instant check on memory usage and remove unused memory to enhance performance immediately.


If there are certain programs that you never want to have cleared from your RAM, then it can be added to Cleanmem’s ignore list and will be exempt from being cleared. Additionally, if there are only certain programs that you wish to be monitored and removed from your RAM if they exceed a certain level that can be done through settings as well.
If you use multiple programs on a regular basis then Cleanmem will probably be of much use to you. I think its great. Enjoi!

No comments:

Post a Comment